Monday, August 18, 2008

Liverpool Legends

This outstanding show has won numerous awards as one of the best shows in Branson. The Liverpool Legends was put together by Louise Harrison, who is the big sister of the "late and great" George Harrison. You can learn more about the show that plays at Starlight Theatre located at 3115 West Hwy. 76 in Branson. Telephone number is 417-337-9333.

Learn more about the show at
www.liverpoollegends.com

My wife and I lived through the Beetles era and our daughter is experiencing it later.

Although I was a lover of folk music and classical music, I came to appreciate the Beetles through my daughter who loves their music, and I love it too.

The show was great. One of the favorite times for me was at the intermission when Louise Harrison answered questions about the Beetles. This was great and in a way is oral history. I just hope someone is recording these sessions where she speaks and answers questions. Ms Harrison is a gracious and patient woman.

The music of course was great and the musicians did a great job of playing their roles and doing a great service by bringing to life a golden age in British and American music.

After the show, the musicians visited with the fans and signed autographs. They were all great and very kind and patient.

My daughter had neglected to get a poster . The next day she remembered and we went back. A special word of thanks to Mary Scott (who plays George Harrison) for being so kind to have his picture taken with my daughter.

Below are the individuals who play the Beatles:

John Lennon-Kevin Mantegna
Paul McCartney-Davey Justice
George Harrison-Marty Scott
Ringo Star-Greg George

Thanks to all of you for putting on a great show.

I highly recommend that you go to see this show.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Actually, they were known as "The Beatles."