Saturday, January 05, 2008

Roy Rogers and Dale Evans Museum

Today we visited the Roy Royers and Dale Evans Museum. The museum is in Branson now having moved from California.

There is a regular show by Roy Rogers Jr and the High Riders. Right now the show is in winter break.

We went to the museum. The cost was about $ 15 each.

The webpage for the museum and the show can be found at www.royrogers.com.

First let me say that I am a Roy Rogers fan. As a child I watched Roy Rogers on television.

I remember so well as a boy man years ago when Roy Rogers came to the Houston Fat Stock Show. I went and it was great.

Next day I went with my family to church as Second Baptist in Houston. This was along time ago when Second Baptist was located down town. Imagine my surprise when Roy Rogers unannounced was in church. He was dressed in a white cowboy suit and sat on the podium with the pastor. He led the church in prayer. After the service I was able with the other kids to go forward and share the hand of Roy Rogers.

Roy Rogers was my hero then and is now as well. So am I a fan --you bet I am.

Above are some pictures from the museum.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There are some really great Branson shows you should check out!