Sunday, December 26, 2004

Blogging Churches

We said that our "Everything Branson" blog would even include churches.

We select the churches by looking in the Branson papers.

In Branson, God, America and Country Music are mighty important. They resound in the deepest part of our being and are very close to the heart.

It takes "huzpah" to try to blog a church because church and children are topics of the heart and you don't mess with them in a cavalier fashion.

Brokerbelle and HarleyDad will reveal their preferences in advance. We consider ourselves to be Christians-probably of the evangelical persuasion.

We are ecumenical in nature. We have visited a great number of denominations and often surprised pleasantly by a unity of Spirit among those who call Jesus Lord.

Brokerbelle and I bring different perspectives as we visit churches.

Currently we attend a United Methodist Church when we are not in the Branson area.

As we blog about churches we keep in mind that there are different churches for different folks. Some of us like "fire and brimstone"; others prefer "peace in the valley." Some like evangelical churches that concentrate on salvation; others like churches that emphasize personal and family growth.

In the Branson area, there are numerous churches for the family. There are other churches that are mainly for visitors.

HarleyDad and Brokerbelle still have a pre-teen at home with the other three having flown the nest. For that reason, we also keep an eye on the childrens' programs. After all, children are the church of tomorrow. So occasionally, I will include a comment from Princessbelle. Children can be dangerously candid.

Bokerbelle has instructed me to be kind as I deal in this area and to dull my acid wit somewhat, reminding me that those who judge shall also be judged.

All I can say to Brokerbelle is "Amen."

Finally I hope you will be patient with me-"God isn't finished with me yet." Brokerbelle and Princessbelle (and some others) will gladly testify that there may be a few cracks in my foundation and structural work may be in order. Both she and I agree that if I would lighten up my superstructure perhaps the cracks would not be so obvious. Oh well.

Now for the first church blog.

No comments: