Sunday, July 13, 2008

B T Bones Revisited

One of our readers, Anne Hillebrand, suggested that I revisit B T Bones and reconsider a review I did of this restaurant four years ago.

Although she asked that I not publish her letter, it was persuasive enough that I and Brokerbelle resolved to revisit B T Bones. I did not expect to change my prior blog. After all, we are talking about food in Branson. To my great surprise, things had changed.

The food was markedly improved. The evening entertainment was fun.

We visited on Saturday evening during peak season. The wait on a Saturday evening in Branson is long at any decent restaurant.

As a general piece of advice, if you are trying to make an 8 p.m. show when you go out to eat on a Saturday evening (whether Branson or New York City) , I suggest "fast food" places so you are not worried about making show times.

BT Bones should be enjoyed and you should not rush trying to make a show. Instead take your time and enjoy their food and their entertainment, which is as good as some of the shows around.

I had the flat iron steak ($9.95) and Brokerbelle had the prime rib ($19.95). Both were excellent. The steak was super for an under $10 steak and Brokerbelle said her prime rib was excellent (I agree because I nibbled).

The potatoe was cooked to perfection, a rarity in the Branson area because most restaurants don't take the time to do it right.

In short the food was excellent and it was a fun experience. Make a night of it and enjoy.

We have changed our recommendation on this restaurant and expect to enjoy it again and again.

We do recommend it and we thank Anne for her e-mail.

Pictures are posted above along with comments on their entertainment which we found entertaining and fun.

H.D.

No comments: